Hi Paul

I recently read a interview with SEO expert Frank Paul. The gist of the
interview was that description, title and keywords were just as important today
as they have ever been. This lead me to go read his website and find out in
more detail what the interview only skimmed the surface of. any way his site is
really interesting and offers a lot of free SEO advice.

http://www.smingle.co.uk/freeseoguide/

Cheers
Dave

>>> Paul Collins <p.coll...@twentyfirst.com> 23/07/2009 13:14 >>>
Hi all,

I'm just curious to know what other people do these days with the header of
their document? What is best practice for:

- Good search engine rankings
- Best charset for English text (utf-8, right?)
- Do we need robots - all anymore?
- Any Accessibility issues? (Can't think of any)
- Does anyone bother with descriptions, keywords anymore?
- Dublin Core metadata, is that a forgotten fad?!

I'll show you an example of how I setup a standard page, please anyone offer
what they think is best practice, or perhaps send any useful links:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
 <title>TITLE</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="STYLESHEET" type="text/css" media="all"/>
</head>

Cheers

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Edge Hill
University or associated companies.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender as soon as possible and delete it and all copies of
it.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or
copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

The message content of in-coming emails is automatically scanned to identify
Spam and viruses otherwise Edge Hill University do not actively monitor
content.  However, sometimes it will be necessary for Edge Hill University to
access business communications during staff absence.

Edge Hill University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any
attachments are virus free.  However, it is the responsibility of the recipient
to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Edge Hill
University for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.