Ben

If the window gets below a certain width,
then inevitably the content must pop up
above the fixed width sidebar. That is the whole point
of the content first approach, I thought.

It's true that with an extremely wide screen a
gap will open up. I guess if that's a problem for your
client, then it's your problem.

Another way to handle this is to use javascript to
manually adjust the style settings according to the
screen size.

regards

Mark

Mark Huppert
Library Web Development  &
Integrated Library Management System Coordinator
Division of Information
R.G. Menzies Building (#2)
The Australian National University
ACTON ACT 0200