Thanks everyone for these interesting stats - depressing as they are.

Lucien - I assume it's not a typo when you say your IT department is now rolling out IE7. I'm curious to know the rationale behind that cf. going straight to IE8. If they're doing all the testing to ensure that IE7 is safe from a company point of view, why not go for the current version? What am I missing?

Thanks

Phil.

--

Phil Archer
W3C Mobile Web Initiative

http://philarcher.org
@philarcher1

nedlud wrote:
Our site is a large health care site. Of the ~250000 visitors in the last
month, Google says the break down by browser is...

Internet Explorer     69.44%
Firefox      15.98%
Safari     9.32%
Chrome     4.20%

And of the IE traffic, we get...

IE 8.0     37.90%
IE 7.0     32.87%
IE 6.0     29.23%

And that is only our external traffic. Our intranet traffic is a different
story since IE6 is still our "official" browser, although our IT department
has finally started rolling our IE7 as of this week.

So for us, IE 6 can't be ignored, as much as we would like to.

Lucien.