Any one developing Mobile Web has an insight for jQuery Mobile?

I was studying the framework last night, couldn't quite decide whether it's
best to adapt it to my mobile web development. After reading the documentation
and tested all demos, my impression is, it's more geared towards Apps.

The Accessibility, supported platforms (knowing that I wouldn't be able to test
on Palm, Nokia and Blackerry devices, the supported platforms is very
attractive) and Navigation: Ajax, hashes & history are very attractive. But I
am not keen on the idea having to assign an ID to every tag and every selector
[1].

See "please note"
 [1] http://jquerymobile.com/demos/1.0a2/#docs/pages/docs-pages.html

Thanks!