Hi All,

Thanks for the answers. I think the media queries could be the way to go.
I'll give it a try.

Cheers

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Kristaps Ancāns
<kristaps.anc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Use Google Chrome and add different user-agent scripts/texts/parameters +
> user CSS3 media queries.
> You will allways find what you want using those two things.
>
> Ar cieņu,
> Kristaps Ancāns
>
> Mob.: +371 29831831
> E-pasts: kristaps.anc...@gmail.com
> Skype: kristaps.ancans
> Web: www.fyfi.net, www.metalguide.org
>

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 01:11, Steve Green <steve.gr...@testpartners.co.uk
> > wrote:
>
>> We use two online services - www.perfectomobile.com and
>> www.deviceanywhere.com. These are not emulators - in both cases you are
>> remotely controlling real phones.
>>
>> The theory is great but in practice both services are painful to use for
>> all kinds of reasons including:
>>
>> 1. There is a significant delay between pressing a button and seeing
>> anything change.
>>
>> 2. The display takes a while to update, which makes it difficult to
>> control dynamic content and watch video.
>>
>> 3. Sometimes we could not work out how to interact with the phones. For
>> instance one phone was locked and it took ten minutes to figure out the
>> combination of keypresses (of unlabelled buttons) that was required to
>> unlock it. If you are not already familiar with the phone you are
>> controlling, this is a significant issue.
>>
>> 4. On several phones we were able to open a browser but could not work out
>> how to enter a URL. The smartphones mostly support touch, so you can
>> interact using a mouse, but you can't do that on the more basic phones. The
>> support information is poor on both websites.
>>
>> 5. Security is a concern because we are often working under NDA for major
>> brands on highly secret product releases. Perfecto Mobile simply say that
>> anything you do might be seen by other people, so don't do anything you
>> wouldn't want made public.
>>
>> Device Anywhere claim that each session is private and that they have some
>> sort of cleaning process before the next person uses the phone. However, on
>> one occasion I could see everything that someone else was doing (in real
>> time as they were doing it) and I could not control the phone. Somehow our
>> sessions had got mixed up, which gave me no confidence in their security.
>>
>> 6. Overall it takes much longer to perform any given task - typically 3 to
>> 10 times longer than you could do the task using a desktop browser. Even
>> typing URLs was taking a couple of minutes (they typically contained 50
>> characters or so), so we had to use a URL shortening service to speed that
>> up.
>>
>> Good luck and let us know if you find a better service.
>>
>> Steve Green
>> Director
>> Test Partners Ltd

Kind regards,
Sean Kerr
Web Developer

M: 0418 697 201
E: bullr...@gmail.com
W: http://www.seankerr.com

"To look where you're going is to be motivated by fear. To go where you're
looking is to be driven by desire, confidence and vision."