Chris wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Kevin Ireson wrote:
>
> > Oh come on.
> >
> > Surely you cannot dispute http://www.w3schools.com/ for the basics. Even
> after all of these years. The fundamental concepts work.
>
>     I wouldn't trust w3schools.com (note that it has nothing to do with
>     the W3C) after looking at their HTML tutorial:
>
>     <http://cfajohnson.com/torontowebdesign/w3schools/>

You say (on that page):

       The alt attribute is mandatory, not just "good practice".

It's not, you know.  For decorative images, it's not even recommended.

Kerry
This email, and any attachments, may be confidential and also privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all
copies of this transmission along with any attachments immediately. You should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person.