Hi Stevio,

>From my personal experience, I have yet to see this Shadow site technique
>work. I find if the same amount of time and resources that would be spent on a
>bunch of "shadow sites" is spent instead on the core site, I am always going
>to end up with a better result everytime.

I recently set up a site for a client, and they were antsy that they weren't on
Google Page 1 Position 1 within the first month of launch, so they spent 3
times the amount of money (as theyd spent on my build) on approximately 25
"Shadow" sites (through a competitor of mine).

The deal sounded great at first (25 sites for 200 dollars each... when my site
cost about 2k to build), but the maintenance of these sites, the cost of
hosting them.. and well their overall ineffectiveness got him into a sticky
situation. It meant he all of sudden had a 25 sites he needed to manage if he
changed his product, duplicate content scattered across the web... and turning
these sites off was going to be as equally tricky...

If he had of spent the same amount of money on SEM (in the early days), link
building for the longterm (white hat ofc), and just general on site
optimization, he would have definitely had a better result in the long run.

Needless to say, those sites are not performing for him... but his "real site"
has finally earned its place in the rankings. Fair enough those shadow sites
*may* have helped his link juice, but I don't believe that same effect couldn't
have been achieved naturally...(and more inexpensively.)

I hope that's helpful.

Jonny Dalgleish
fighe...@me.com