On 25/09/2014 18:14, KI7MT wrote:
> HI Bill,
Hi Greg,

> On 9/25/2014 17:07, Bill Somerville wrote:
>> On 25/09/2014 17:50, KI7MT wrote:
>>> Hi Bill,
>> Hi Greg,

>>> The biggest thing I saw was the rigctld situation, which seems resolved
>>> now, at least for rc1 anyway.
>> Unless someone has an issue with it, I think shipping a hamlib 3 rigctld
>> called rigctld-wsjtx is just fine until the hamlib team get their v3
>> release through all the hoops; given that AFAIK they haven't even
>> started that process yet, that will be quite some time into the future.
>> The need for rigctld-wsjtx is only for a very limited number of
>> specialized users and will not concern most WSJT-X users.
> I forgot to ask, is the Build External function working now or are you
> taking about shipping a pre-built bianry rigctld-wsjtx ? I been messing
> around on Windows and havn't built on Linux in a few days.
The super build project is not ready for use yet and will probably take
a while to get sorted out.

The WSJT-X build process is basically the same on all platforms, hamlib
has to be built separately. Once that is done the WSJT-X CMake build
drags in the hamlib static archive library for linking into the wsjtx
executable and the rigctld built by the hamlib build. As part of the
install phase the rigctld executable is renamed to rigctld-wsjtx. Just
running the normal install or package targets on every platform does all
that is required.

<snip>