Hi Joe, Bill,

I just want to make sure I understand all this now. If we use the
standard branch head for WSJTX, that is now being called wsjtx v1.5?

And to pull WSJTX-1.4.0-RC1, we use:

svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/tags/wsjtx-1.4.0-rc1

or

svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/branches/wsjtx-1.4

?
 73's
Greg, KI7MT

On 9/25/2014 21:11, Bill Somerville wrote:
> On 25/09/2014 21:57, Joe Taylor wrote:
>> Hi Bill,
> Hi Joe,
>>
>> Thanks for posting a clear statement of correct repository procedures
>> going forward.
>>
>> All seems OK to me, except possibly for your parenthetical statement
>> "one day we really need to move this to trunk".
>> We can't do this unless we give up the notion that WSJT, MAP65, WSPR,
>> WSPR-X, and WSJT-X are all part of the same "project".  Historically,
>> the "trunk: of the project is WSJT.
> Not a problem. Multi project repos usually have
> project1/{trunk,branches,tags} project2/{trunk,branches,tags} etc..
>
> The reason it is important is that most other source control systems
> have much stronger concepts for branches and tags and moving to them
> while maintaining all history is normally supported with tools if you
> have a conventional repo layout.
>
> It's not critical or urgent but an example use case is my situation. I
> use git-svn because it gives me lots of excellent git features while
> working with svn but because of our repo layout I can't easily have two
> projects checked out at once because it expects everything to reside in
> the trunk with only branches and tags in their respective locations. For
> example if I want to build the docs I have to switch my working tree to
> docs, another branch, which hides the branch I was on 'wsjtx' while I'm
> there. This is the main reason that I don't edit the docs or contribute
> to other JT projects as it is so painful to coerce git-svn to bend the
> standard layout rules.
>>
>>      -- Joe, K1JT
>>
> 73
> Bill