Hello All,

UPDATE-1

I've updated the build script to remove the parallel build flags, and change the invocation slightly. Rather than calling the release candidate rc1, the script will build whatever rc version is in the wsjtx-1.4 branch. At the moment, it looks to be rc2. I also changed the folder names to better match the builds:

Output Folder Names:
~/temp/wsjtx-1.4.0 ~ latest release candidate
~/temp/wsjtx-dev ~ wsjtx head branch

New Binary Locations:
~/temp/wsjtx-1.4.0/install/Release/bin
~/temp/wsjtx-dev/install/Release/bin

*USAGE*
----------
Open a terminal
mkdir ~/temp
cd ~/temp
svn export https://svn.code.sf.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/branches/jtsdk/nix/scripts/wsjtx-build.sh

* Build HEAD Branch:

*./wsjtx-build.sh*

Final Location: ~/temp/wsjtx-dev/install/Release/bin

* Build Current Release Candidate

*./wsjtx-build.sh rc*

Final location: ~/temp/wsjtx-1.4,0/install/Release/bin

You no longer need the "1" or "2" after rc, as it builds whatever is in ../wsjtx-1.4

*Parallel v.s. Single Build - General Build Info*
I timed both parallel and single builds. There's only a ~90 second or so difference between the two on my Centrino Dual Core 2.0Ghz i686 Laptop, 4GB DDR2. The times include installing --reinstall of packages + downloads, wsjtx svn checkout, hamlib3 clone & build, document and kvasd downloads. (Faster Internet + Higher CPU Clock Speeds) == Faster Overall Build Times.

Parallel Build
real    4m33.384s
user    4m11.936s

Standard Build
real    5m56.544s
user    3m55.716s

* Memory Usage
I had Gedit and Thunderbird open during the build to increase memory usage just a bit. My base memory usage was 729MiB on a standard Ubuntu i386 desktop install. Xubuntu and Lubuntu should be lower, somewhere in the neighbourhood of 350~ 450MB with no applications running, maybe less.

( single core builds, not parallel )

During the Hamlib portion of the build, high mem usage peaked at 735MB.

During the Cmake portion of the build, there were several peaks within the 830~920MB range, with the high peak coming in right at 1.1GB

If your running slower core clocks speeds + lower base memory =< 2GB, more than likely, you will see increased build times and possibly run into some paging / cache issues as the build process will start to use the HD Swap partition, which is not an ideal situation. Running with 1GB of RAM, having a base memory usage of ~350-450MB is right on the edge of using Swap in a single core build scenario.

73's
Greg, KI7MT