HI BIll,

On 11/10/2014 11:02, Bill Somerville wrote:
> On 10/11/2014 07:15, KI7MT wrote:
>> Hi John,
> Hi Greg & John,
>>
>> As you stated, Hamlib3 is unreleased software. I've not tested WSPR with
>> hamlib3 at all, though I build it allot for WSJT-X.
>>
>> I suspect, Bill or maybe some others from the HL teams, have to answer
>> your questions.
> I'm afraid I have helped John to the extent of my knowledge already off
> list. I don't know the internals of WSPR so I have no idea what is
> necessary to substitute hamlib 3. I did note that there is a list on
> hamlib rig numbers in a file that implies that it might need updating
> but the error John described seemed to say he was passed that.

Assuming all this is for Windows;

The rig list is derived from running rigctl -l  > hamlib_rig_numbers and
WsprMod\option.py parses the information when setup is run.

IC-7000 is rig # 360 0.7.2 beta in both 1.2.15.3 and whatever hamlib3
version I have at the moment on my Windows partition. So from that
information, nothing has changed from HL2 to HL3.

The only other major difference I see is, HL2 is Dynamic (DLL's) where
as HL3 is static. When WSPR (either wspr.py or wspr.exe) is installed
properly, the DLL's and rigctrl.exe must reside in the same .\bin
directory as the binary or wspr.py file.

You may want to build the newer DLL's / rig utils (from Bills Code) and
add them to the .\bin folder. I don't track ICOM rig changes, so have no
idea what's changed there, if anything.

I would think, a new set of DLL's + rigctrl.exe added to the .\bin
folder should work together the same as HL2 does now.