Hi Eric,

Here is your solutopn: It's your Python Image Library version.
Remove Pillow 2.6.1 and revert to 2.5.3 thus:

/usr/bin/pip3 install -I pillow==2.5.3

Have fun. (After a MONTH of Frustration!!!!)

Alan VK2ZIW

On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 01:22:42 -0500, Eric Thornton wrote
> I saw one reference to this issue in the recent archives, but no resolution.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 14.10 on amd64 and installed wspr r4522 through the ppa
> that ki7mt is managing (thanks!).  Every time the program starts to decode, I
> get a segmentation fault and the program crashes. I've tried both recorded
> audio and the included sample file and they both crash.  I've tried the
> following:
>
> -Compiled python3-numpty from source: no improvement
> -Tried compiling with g95 instead of gfortran: compile failed
> -Compling with standard options from svn archive: also seg faults at decode
>
> This evening I tried the ppa version on an older i386 laptop with Ubuntu and
> it runs and decodes without issue. I've run out of ideas at this point, so
> any help would be greatly appreciated. From the gdb output, I'm guessing
> python doesn't like some variable length conversion function that is specific
> to 64 bit machines. wsjtx from ki7mt's ppa runs great, but I know they use a
> different framework.
>
> command line output from crash:
>
> /usr/bin/wspr: line 42:  1592 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
> /usr/bin/python3 -O wspr.py
>
> "gdb python3 core" output
>
> Core was generated by `/usr/bin/python3 -O wspr.py'.
> Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> #0  0x00000000004e67d1 in PyLong_AsLong ()
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric
> KM4DSJ

Alan

Man's greatest waste of time: Worshipping the wrong God.
Consider Jesus.
Alan Beard               Unix Support Technician from 1984 to today
70 Wedmore Rd.           Sun Solaris, AIX, HP/UX, Linux, SCO OpenServer 5.0.X
Emu Heights N.S.W. 2750  Routers, terminal servers, printers, terminals etc..
+61 2 47353013 (h)       Support Programming, shell scripting, "C", assembler
0414 353013 (mobile)     After uni, electr