Hi Greg,

Can I be a real pain and ask for Fedora and/or Centos to be included?

Reason: All my systems are remote and will be connected to by RDP. (Microsoft
mstsc.exe)

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS fails this with Qt: XKEYBOARD not supported by X server.

In particular, because of Low Power needs, Fedora 21 on a headless Banana Pi.
(Where WSJT-X works)

Alan VK2ZIW

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:18:24 +0000 (UTC), Greg Beam wrote
> Hello All,
>
> I've been testing JTSDK on Linux (mainly Ubuntu) for some time now
> (as have opthers) and have finally gotten around to adding a tar.gz
> file for folks to test out. Bare in mind, there is allot of work to do still
> and this should be considered a work in progress, so expect a few
> anomalies at first.
>
> There is a short README and INSTALL.txt file included in the archive. I
> won't spell out the install instructions here, as I'd like to get feedback
> on the INSTALL.txt and process as a whole to see if things need
> fixing / updating / edits or whatever the case may be. Documentation is
> minimal at present, but will eventually land in the WSJT dev-guide when
> appropriate.
>
> Due to package variations between the various Distro versions, there is
> no immediate plan to create distribution files (.deb, .rpm etc) as the
> package management is being dealt with by autotools. This may change as
> the package matures.
>

> SUPPORTED DISTROS & BUILDS
> * Ubuntu .. 14.04 .. WSJT, WSPR, WSJTX/WSJTX-RC
> * Mint ....... 17.1 .... WSJT, WSPR, WSJTX/WSJTX/RC
> * Debian ... 8.0 ..... WSJTX/WSJTX-RC Only
>
> Note(s):
>  a). Ubuntu includes Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu
>  b). Due to package incompatibilities with Debian Jessie, WSJT
>  and WSPR will compile, but may give you runtime errors.
>  c). Additional distro's will be included as time allows.
>

> DOWNLOAD
> -Preview Link: http://preview.tinyurl.com/pyat8lo
> -Download: http://tinyurl.com/pyat8lo
> -SHA1: 34b12d5b9313b1271647003f1413b6ab3c5308c0
> -MD5SUM: f4e5063a1443114195068bf2cd5979d6
>

> INSTALLATION
> a). Extract the tar.gz to a convenient location
> b). Follow instructions in INSTALL.txt
>

> As always, if you have problems with the JTSDK, please report them
> to the WSJT-Devel List: < wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net >
>

> 73's
> Greg, KI7MT

Alan

Man's greatest waste of time: Worshipping the wrong God.
Consider Jesus.
Alan Beard               Unix Support Technician from 1984 to today
70 Wedmore Rd.           Sun Solaris, AIX, HP/UX, Linux, SCO OpenServer 5.0.X
Emu Heights N.S.W. 2750  Routers, terminal servers, printers, terminals etc..
+61 2 47353013 (h)       Support Programming, shell scripting, "C", assembler
0414 353013 (mobile)     After uni, electr