On 13/06/2015 20:50, Guy G4DWV/4X1LT wrote:
> Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> writes:
>
>> Is it possible that WSJT-X was running when you installed the new version?
> Hi Bill,
Hi Guy,

> This is the first thing that I thought of, so I rebooted and got the same
> error. That really foxed me.
I cannot reproduce this error here. Can you try doing a separate
un-install from "Control Panel->Programs and Features" and see if that
gets a similar error?

> Some further information that may be relevant. I build using JTSDK
> 2.0(patched) and fully updated before each build. I checkout before each
> build too - don't know if this step is necessary. I build using the line
> 'build-wsjtx package' so that I get an installer.
If you are running on the same machine as you are building, you don't
need to build the package target. There is an install target that
directly installs the application into a folder (please don't use a
program files directory for this as you will have to authenticate every
time.). This target gets you a runnable application but doesn't install
the short cuts or the un-install entry in the registry. You can add a
short cut to your desktop that runs the installed application for
convenient quick start up. this approach is much simpler if you are
testing the latest revision of the development code since you will
probably want to re-build fairly regularly.