On 29/05/2016 23:07, Steven Franke wrote:
> Turns out that the microphone input does not work when I run the program that
> way (although sound out to the speaker does work).
>
> If, instead, I use “open wsjtx.app” from within the wsjtx_install directory,
> then microphone input works. Of course, when I run the program this way it
> crashes as soon as it tries to open a file from within the fortran routines.
>
> Do you know of a way for me to write to files from fortran while being able
> to run using the “open” command on OS X?

Hi Steve,

when you run the executable directly it doesn't find the Qt plugins one
of which is the audio plugin. The debug configuration build should work
as the the runtime search paths are unmodified and should still point to
the libraries and plugins in the Qt installation directories. The
release configuration changes all the runtime paths to the copies of the
libraries, frameworks and plugins inside the application bundle.

Another option is to write the diagnostics to somewhere the bundle
application is allowed to write to. WSJT-X knows about two writeable
locations, the persistent data directory and the temporary directory. If
you look at the way jt9 is invoked in mainwindow.cpp you can see that it
is passed two command line options specifying the two locations. The
crash you are seeing is because the CWD for a bundle is the
Contents/MacOSX directory and that is effectively read only for the
bundle application.