Are you amenable to introducing an #ifndef Q_OS_DARWIN around it so we can
leave Mac users to their druthers?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjchrzgr28wmlo9/progressbar4.patch?dl=1

de Mike W9MDB
      From: Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
 To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
 Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:50 AM
 Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] Disable Tx after RRR/73

 On 04/01/2017 15:25, Black Michael wrote:

 I minimized the style sheet to just set color. Can you see what this looks
like on Mac?  Does it still completely change the appearance? Are you trying to
maintain the "look and feel" for Mac and not apply a style sheet for that
reason?
  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfzultac8h3tzpf/progressbar3.patch?dl=1
 Hi Mike, I don't have time right now to check but I am pretty certain that any
style sheet will cause a custom drawn progress bar widget. This is always a
source of derision from Mac users that "foreign" applications do not use the
standard Mac controls and I can only agree as they look unprofessional and ugly
when standard Apple controls are mixed with custom drawn ones. Note that the Qt
fusion stylesheet is not available for Mac OS X. The Qt team recognize this and
do their best to make Qt interfaces look as native as possible, this is
achieved by simply not fiddling with the styling unless absolutely necessary.
Bottom line, do not mess with progress bars, find another way of indicating
unrelated information. This does mean that there is no x/y text progress
indication - that is the Apple standard which allows them to have very narrow
progress bars which are often presented in the status bar. 73