Hi Dan,

You should be able to install Msys, with autotools, to the default
C:\MinGW or whatever it is these days. After which you'd need to copy a
couple of files from the original /msys/etc folder (for mount points and
such) and edit one file to update a path for the new installation of
MSYS. Its not difficult. If you want to attempt this email me offline
and I'll give you the step by step instructions.

73's
Greg, KI7MT