From: Greg Beam [mailto:ki7m...@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 July 2017 23:59
To: 'WSJT software development' <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [wsjt-devel] FT8 Feature Request

Hi Joe, All,

After a brief stint in calling CQ, I soon realized my reflexes with the ole
mouse buttons are not what they used to be. I guess I've not been participating
in enough RTTY contests :-) In any case:

When in RUN mode (calling CQ):
- Would it be possible to assign a single hot-key to grab the First-In Response
to a CQ ?
- Additionally, what about a combination of First-In-First-Out /
Last-In-First-Out check boxes that grabs a response off the stack?
- Maybe an ESM (Enter Sends Message / Right Click ) sends the message from the
Band / Rx Frequency grids
- Lastly, maybe a way to quickly enable / disable ( just in the Band Activity /
Rx Activity) only the responses that contain MY_CALL

As this is a fast mode with HF contest potential, the items above are well
received in the RTTY community in several major programs.

I'm finding it difficult to focus on the RX box for responses, click on the
responder, and not grab the wrong call, a;; within a second or so. I could only
imagine how that would be after 24hrs of contesting. I've miss-fired on this
several times already. It could be just me, and I've not been operating fast
modes for a while.

Anyways, just a few thoughts to ponder.

73's
Greg, KI7MT