From: Neil Zampella [mailto:ne...@techie.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2017 4:08 PM
To: WSJT software development <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] Frequency doesn't shift when changing
configurations

Urp .. sent this reply directly to Bill .. so I'm including that here, along
with this update below:

On 7/4/2017 4:16 PM, Neil Zampella wrote:
> On 7/4/2017 2:07 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:
>> On 04/07/2017 18:52, Neil Zampella wrote:
>>>
>>> OK ..  Scenario I often use is this;  I'm monitoring JT65/JT9 on
>>> 20M, I want to switch over to FT8 to see what is happening so I
>>> change config.   I'm thinking that the program on restart should
>>> check the band and/or mode to verify the freq setting.
>>>
>>> OK .. just tested this:   in my FT8 configuration, I check the
>>> setting for 'last used freq',  then switched to my JT65/JT9 config
>>> and did the same.
>>>
>>> I then switched the config back to my FT8 settings, then selected
>>> 40M.  OK -  freq is at 7.079.   I switch to JT65/JT9 config, the
>>> freq doesn't change it stays on 7.079, doesn't change until I
>>> re-select the band, or re-select the mode. So I'm at the jt65/jt9
>>> freq of 7.076, I switch back to FT8, the freq changes to 7.079 as it
>>> should.   So the freq isn't changing when I go back to the jt65/jt9
>>> config.
>>>
>> Hi Neil,
>>
>> I know you want to stick with Commander and I do have sympathy with
>> you on that, I use DX Lab Suite myself and I have foregone Commander
>> when using the fast modes and FT8.
>>
>> Can you try, just for a test, changing your configurations to use
>> direct rig control and see if the problem still happens. You will
>> have to close Commander before starting WSJT-X.
>>
>> 73
>> Bill
>> G4WJS.
>>

> Hi Bill,
>
> OK I switched from Commander to the K3/KX3 settings in WSJT-X on both
> configurations, closing the program in the FT8 configuration.    I
> reopen the program, it starts in 20M at the FT8 freq.   I move to 40M,
> it changes properly, I then switch to the default (JT65/JT9) config,
> and the frequency does not change from the FT8 frequency.    I have to
> select 40M in order to get the 7.076 freq for jt65/jt9.
>
> Does this help?
>
> Neil, KN3ILZ

Did a build to bring my program up to r7782, works the same. Switch
config to the FT8 one, changes the freq.   Switch back to the default
(JT65/JT9) configuration, no change in frequency.    As I mentioned
before, it appears that on the switch from the default to the saved
config for FT8, the system verifies the mode and makes the change.
Going back to the default it doesn't.

I can live with it, but should it do that ??

Neil, KN3ILZ