On 11/07/2017 13:36, Nikiforos Kontopoulos wrote:

Finished compiling and tested wsjt-x v1.8.0-rc1 on my raspberry pi 3 with Raspbian.

20m Jt65a + Ft8 work like a charm. Had some qsos already.

Will also try to compile it on armbian for OrangePi plus 2e.

Hi Nik,

glad to here it is working for you.

I would appreciate reports of how well the Debian installer we have provided with the WSJT-X v1.8.0 RC1 release works. As with the other early release kits you will have to install dependencies manually and use rpm/yum/dnf to install them. In your case you will probably already have all the required dependencies in place.

I have tried to optimize the WSJT-X build for performance on Raspberry Pi but I do not have a system I can test extensively on. If you can install it and compare performance with your own builds I would like to know how it goes please?

If it works well I will update the build system or at least provide instructions on what I have done to optimize so that all other Raspberry Pi users can benefit.