I'm new to the group, so I hope it's okay to share my opinion as I've used
JT9/65 for some time now and just started using FT8 last night.

Personally, I don't care for the Call 1st or Call Weak options.  Seems too
automated for me.  It's only a 15 second cycle, so no big deal if you don't
get them answered on the first try.  What I've been doing is:

1. Call CQ
2. Watch the Waterfall.
3. If I see someone replying to my CQ, Disable TX so I don't accidentally
CQ again.
4. As soon as possible, double-click the caller when decoded.

The JT modes all include redundancy in the transmission.  You probably have
at least 5 seconds after the start of the cycle, maybe more to start
transmitting and enough information will still make it through for a
successful decode.

That said, if others really want the auto-reply features, I won't be
heartbroken to see them included.  To each their own, as long as I could
still disable them.  Freedom of choice and all.

As for the auto-sequencing, this I like and have no problem with.  I didn't
realize it would do it at first and when I did, it was a much welcomed
help.  Don't see it as being necessary on JT9/65 since you have at least 10
seconds there.

For the auto 60Hz shift on answering CQs, I think this is a bad idea.  It
seems like it will cause a LOT of headaches when careless ops don't check
the shift direction and double over someone else's QSO instead of their
own.  Seems wrong to risk impacting others' QSOs for the sake of your own.

Just my 2 cents.

73,
KC9SWV - Morgen
President, TARA