Hi all,

For the auto 60Hz shift on answering CQs, I think this is a bad idea.

We have never considered anything like an "auto shift" of Tx frequency.

What we *might* do is provide an easy way to move your Tx frequency up or down manually in increments of 60 Hz (or perhaps some other number) to choose an apparently free frequency.

WSJT-X v1.8.0-rc1 already has a trial version of such a facility, but its present logic may not be exactly what we'll want to make permanent.

As it is now, Shift+F11 and Shift+F12 move your Tx frequency up or down to the nearest integer multiple of 50 Hz. Maybe this should be 60 Hz, instead, since (after the recent change in the FT8 symbol length) the bandwidth of an FT8 signal is 50 Hz.

If everyone used the new FreqCal tool, we might even find that it makes sense to use quasi-channelized operation so that Tx frequency is always an integral multiple of 60 Hz.

        -- Joe, K1JT