Bill,

Can the team pre-assign some mode-identification characters (displayed in the WSJT-X decodes and used in the UDP decode packet) that they will use in future modes?

I'm trying to avoid the "~" clash we had with FT8 and T10 and old JTAlert versions defaulting to JT9 where "~" was not recognised.

I could map these as yet unassigned characters to dummy mode names within JTAlert. Once a new mode comes online, JTAlert will start spotting the unknown mode and I would then be able to quickly remap them to their correct designation in the incoming spots service on the HamSpots server and avoid the need to fast track a JTAlert release.

Thoughts?

de Laurie VK3AMA