On 08/08/2017 23:18, Joe WA6AXE wrote:

Hello WSJT-X Developers,

I respectfully have a new feature request for WSJT-X.

Currently,  the WSJT-X program help files say:

The log file |wsjtx_log.adi| is updated whenever you log a QSO from /WSJT-X/. (Keep in mind that if you erase this file you will lose all “worked before” information.)

What I would like to see is ANOTHER (temporary) adi file that has the same info as the wsjtx_log.adi file - BUT, this new file CAN BE DELETED - without affecting anything else within WSJT-X program functions.

Background: I have made a BRIDGE that auto-logs WSJT-X QSOs into the DXbase2007 Logging Program. I am currently using the info from the |wsjtx_log.adi| file - but, I do delete the |wsjtx_log.adi| file after reading it.. BUMMER for the guys who
want to use the “worked before” information.

I do not know if you all reply to these emails??  Thank you in advance!

73 Joe Glockner, WA6AXE, Sherman, TX

HI Joe,

if you have access to the DXbase2007 log file then it should be trivial to ignore duplicates and then you don't have to delete the WSJT-X log file which is a user file and not really yours to delete.

OTOH, the recommended way to get real time logging information from WSJT-X is via the UDP messages it sends, that way you get them as they happen which is what I would expect a "bridge" application to do.