From: Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 4, 2018 1:37:01 AM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] Flex Radio 6400/6600 support in WSJT-X needs Hamlib
updating

On 04/02/2018 06:26, David De Coons wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Sending second posting since first one was sent too soon after subscribing.
>
> Thank you for the work put into WSJX-X. Excellent!
>
> WSJT-X 1.80 GA does not support the new Flex Radio 6400 or 6600 series model
> radios either via serial (Kenwood TS2000) or IP (Flex 6xxx).
>
> Back in late December (with the help of Michael Black), I downloaded the
> Hamlib daily snapshot source code from their repository on Github. I edited
> the flex.c and kenwood.c files to add the new Flex 6400 and 6600radios with
> their proper radio ID, then compiled Hamlib.
>
> I then downloaded the WSJT-X 1:80 GA source code and compiled it with the
> updated Hamlib I created with additions. It works 100% either via IP or
> serial now.
>
> Michael Black contacted Nathan on the Hamlib team and had the changes
> comitted to their source code and it is abailable by pulling the daily
> snapshot. There may be other radio updates as well.
>
> David Fischer contacted me today and let me know the current WSJT-X source
> code doesn’t include the updated Hamlib.
>
> Can you please update the Hamlib code in your project so current GA release
> can be updated to support the new radios and also any upcoming releases as
> well? With the 6400 and 6600 radios now shipping it is only a matter of time
> before someone runs into problems trying to run WSJT-X with the new models.
>
> If you need further information such as changes that I did to Hamlib, please
> contact me.
>
> Thank you
> David De Coons wo2x

Hi David,

I update the Hamlib sources to the latest master branch HEAD when I make
a release kit. There will be a WSJT-X release candidate for the new
DX-pedition FT8 enhancements quite soon. I have pushed the latest Hamlib
master branch changes to my fork's integration branch so anyone building
from WSJT-X sources should pick up the latest Hamlib changes. This
includes IC-7610 support as well as your FlexRadio updates if anyone
wants to try them out.

engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org!
https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsdm.link%2Fslashdot&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ca521627395ef4f176bb108d56bb334eb%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636533339783716375&sdata=mg%2Fv6KzuZAvx76NRNtA9f9NK1Va5XaL0eoh3c8h2e10%3D&reserved=0