Joe,

I have not experienced this issue using virtual audio cables (Flex 6000-series
DAX support) running at 48k. However, using an external USB sound card, the
problem does intermittently rear its head. Am not sure if the 44.1k “fix” is
anecdotal or not, or if it covers all versions of MacOS. It does appear to have
worked for several people.

Suggest recommending the 48k rate, while allowing that, “in the event of
unexpected audio issues” a 44.1k rate may be helpful to try.

George J Molnar
Washington, DC, USA
KF2T   -   @GJMolnar