If they use JTAlert, you can send them a text message.

Dave

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans.

On May 15, 2018, at 12:17 PM, Rich - K1HTV
<k1...@comcast.net<mailto:k1...@comcast.net>> wrote:

Notifying a station whose timing is at the edge of decoding limits is
problematic because once his timing slips past the max tolerable limit, no
helpful messages about his clock will be decoded by the station you are trying
to alert.

If WSJT-X had a rubber clock feature which would temporarily speed up or slow
down the computer clock by a number of seconds, then a message could be sent
and decoded by those whose with  inaccurate clocks.

73,

Rich - K1HTV

= = =

PA5Y wrote:

This would be quite useful based on my recent observations on 6m. We all
suffer when someone inadvertently transmits across two periods. I have
on occasion sent something like

PA0XX CLOCK or indeed DL0XX, ON0XX and G0XXX of course 😊
It normally works but it feels wrong because the station does not know
who the message is from. I don't like doing it and it really is a last
resort. Other problem is TX distortion/overmodulation/wide signals.

Messages to cover that would be useful, after all no one want to radiate
a bad signal or cause unnecessary interference do they? We need a better
expression than PA0XX WIDE, it seems too confrontational.

I do hope that when conditions on 6m get even better that alternative
frequencies are used.

73

Conrad PA5Y