On 31/05/2018 17:43, Joe Taylor wrote:
On 5/31/2018 12:22 PM, Jay Hainline wrote:
Joe, is it possible to use one of the extra FT8 bits as a flag that you are transmitting in contest mode or not? Would that be useful to keep the program on the receiving end from being confused?

73 Jay KA9CFD

Of course this could be done in FT8.  But as I emphasized in a previous email, we did not want to use a different solution for FT8 and MSK144.
As currently implemented, MSK144 has no spare bits.

Casual operators can get confused enough with type of "NA VHF Contest: mode, let alone two different ones.

    -- Joe, K1JT

Hi Joe and Jay,

perhaps we should only have the automatic detection of NA contest mode messages when "Enable VHF/UHF/Microwave features" is enabled. That way user could set up a configuration for 6m multi-hop Es operating that will not get confused by such long DX.