www.wb9vgj.us
wb9...@arrl.net
2silverhon...@gmail.com

On 6/30/2018 12:50 PM, Black Michael via wsjt-devel wrote:
I would like to approach this idea with some set of principles that everybody can agree on...so here goes...

#1 Maximize QSO rate
#2 Minimize blind callers

Just those two principles are enough to say we should do whatever we can to reduce blind callers which will also help to maximize QSO rate as they are inversely relates (i.e. fewer blind means > qso rate).

Now...to take the logic to the extreme...if all callers were blind then the QSO rate would be zero...quite obviously an undesirable situation.  As the % of blind callers reduces the QSO rate increases...and the QSO rate is maximized when nobody is blind (notice we're not considering band conditions here as that is not something we can anything about).

So...given the two extremes which should we strive to support?

"good enough" is for horseshoes and hand grenades as the saying goes.  So why would we NOT try to minimize blind callers when it's an easy software change to do so?  This would have no changes on the fox side...only the hounds....

de Mike W9MDB