I would typically just send "DE VE7AFZ" as a free message at low power to ID
while tuning.

In my view the auto tuner just needs some low power (so the relays don't "hot
switch" at higher the necessary power) RF at the appropriate frequency to
complete the tuning process.  The free message function along with the power
slider meets my needs.  To recap the "free message" function doesn't seem to be
available in hound mode.

Not a big issue but I thought I would mention this for future consideration.

73 and thanks again
Mark S
VE7AFZ

Mark Spencer