Because there are too many situations where it doesn't work.
de Mike W9MDB

    On Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 12:27:46 PM CDT, Mike Lavelle
<micle...@comcast.net> wrote:

 I agree that the "Fake IT" split option should help the harmnic problem and
should be emphazied.

Is there any reason that "Fake It" should NOT be made the default mode for any
split mode capable rig?

Making it the default would help clean up our waterfalls.

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

------ Original Message ------

From: iveydj
To: WSJT software development
Sent: August 1, 2018 at 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] A strange signal seen on the air

Have been following this thread with great interest. Have not seen input about
setting WSJT-X Split config to Rig or Fake It. If I understand the feature
correctly, this temporarily shifts the TX VFO so the right frequency is sent
but audio harmonics are out of the TX passband, supressing them.
Dave KE4EA

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.
-------- Original message --------From: Claude Frantz
<claude.fra...@bayern-mail.de> Date: 7/31/18 12:29 PM (GMT-05:00) To:
wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] A strange signal
seen on the air