Hello Robin,
.
That is correct, it also can be considered as moving costs of power amplifiers
and antenna systems to the server/software.
At the moment we have approximately 65k FT8 users and there should be simple
control layer protocol, costs may be similar to keeping pskreporter.info and
hamspots.net at 24x7 operation.
.
73 Igor UA3DJY