On 10/08/2018 04:29 PM, Shane Stroud wrote:
> I have discovered that the early serial numbered models of the Yaesu
> FT-847 had unidirectional CAT.  Basically, the software can send
> frequencies and modes to the rig, but the rig cannot respond.  This
> applies to serial numbers through about 8GXXXX. Mine is an 8EXXXX series.

To be exact, the firmware modification enabling bi-directional CAT was
introduced in 8G05xxxx (fifth production run (05), May (G) 1998 (8))

It would seem a firmware upgrade is technically possible, but you
have to send it in to get it done. Might be too late now.
http://amsat.org/pipermail/amsat-bb/2008-November/015075.html

--Magne / LA1BFA