WSJT-X represents current state of the art for weak signals in Amateur
Radio communications, but using 'email as a bug database' to keep track of
issues decidedly does NOT represent the state of the art in anything.
Asking everyone to read all of the emails to see if their issue is
represented before sending their own email has repeatedly been shown to not
work.

There are plenty of tools
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_issue-tracking_systems> (e.g.
JIRA, Github Issues <https://guides.github.com/features/issues/>, even the
one built into Sourceforge
<https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Tickets/>) that can keep
track of a project's list of known issues, priorities, progress towards
fixing, etc. and I'd expect the WSJT-X developers must already use
something like that. Why that facility is not exposed for at least read
access by the hoi polloi is known only to them.

If everyone were able to see the list of issues, then it would even be a
matter of just replying to the Nth "hey, I get an SSL library issue on
startup" message with the URL of the issue. It might even expand the
population of people able to contribute to the project in a positive way
<https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=690b0543a813b0ecfc51b0374c0ce6c8275435f0>.
It might help offload this type of 'support' task from the developers. Some
issue trackers even prompt the bug reporter to look through the open and
resolved issues before filing their issue.  The popular tools might require
logging into a tool's website, but I would expect that anyone that can
configure WSJT-X for Fox-Hound operation on a non-standard frequency should
also be able to figure out how to file an issue in a bug tracker.

I truly believe that using modern, purpose-built tools for issue tracking
tasks would benefit everyone. Are there reasons why we are not doing so?

Brian N9ADG