On 21/01/2019 03:33, Philip Gladstone wrote:
WE6Z reported seeing KG7VOR twice at Jan 21, 2019 03:03:29. The only differences were:

One entry had Frequency 1841279 with snr -15
Another had Frequency 1841400 with snr of 13

In fact there were 9 spots of KG7VOR in the same packet (at five difference timestamps).

This is not limited to a few cases, but it appears a fair amount.

At the same time, I'm getting comments from people that not all of their spots are being reported -- so I'm wondering if this duplication is actually a symptom of something more serious....

Hi Philip,

the multiple spots for a time period are probably due to a poor signal from the transmitting station, line noise in their audio interface to the transmitter is the most likely cause. The clue is the 120 Hz and multiples spacings (odd harmonics of their line frequency being the major noise component of full-wave rectification and inadequate filtering or poor earth returns), certainty would come from a similar pattern spotted by a station in a 50 Hz line frequency region like most of the EU.

AFAIK most reports of non-spotting are from stations with non-standard callsigns, they cannot send a grid square with their CQ calls. We did discuss changing WSJT-X to spot to PSK Reporter even when no grid has been received. I know you were happy to accept such spots but I am still concerned about the increase in traffic to you and also how accurate mapping will be.