Mike,

I have what may be a related audio issue on a Macbook Air (early 2015) using
v2.0.0 running Mac OS 10.14.2. Here is a brief summary of the audio issue.

Decodes works as expected when in MONITOR with ENABLE TX off. WAV files are
saved.

When ENABLE TX is on, no decodes occur and the DECODE button does not "flash".
No WAV files are saved.

Once ENABLE TX is switched off, normal decodes resume and WAV files are saved.

During all the above, the waterfall is present showing incoming audio signals
from the sound card (SignaLink USB) are presented to the computer.

I have reset NVRAM and SMC, but saw no change in the audio issue.

I can temporarily eliminate the audio issue and restore normal operation by
deleting the WSJT-X app, restarting the computer and reinstalling the WSJT-X
app from a copy of the wsjtx-2.0.0-Darwin.dmg file stored on the computer.
Using a fresh copy of the wsjtx-2.0.0-Darwin.dmg file from the web does not
change the behavior. WSJT-X log files and the WSJT-X.ini preferences file on
the computer do not have to be deleted when restoring normal operation.  Once
normal operation is restored, the app will operate as it normally should until
one of the following events occurs: (1) a change in the USB port the sound card
is plugged into or (2) installation of a Mac OS software update.

I believe the problem is related to the USB port connection to the Macbook Air
computer. I also run v2.0.0 on an iMac (late 2015) under the same version of
Mac OS using the same SignaLink USB sound card and do not have the audio issue
described above on the iMac computer.

I'm not sure this helps. If anyone has suggestions for further troubleshooting
this issue, I would appreciate input.

Robert Rearden
ae...@att.net

On Feb 6, 2019, at 7:17 AM, Black Michael via wsjt-devel