You are all overthinking the problem. There are programs to set your computer
clock by a GPS dongle. A good plug in dongle from Amazon is $12USD and the
program I use BktTimeSync is a free download.
Also if the dev group keeps adding more n more WSJT will become bloatware. I'd
rather see improvements in what is in the software already. If you want a color
to denote a time that is getting out use JTAlert, it already has that in it.