"What values are you using for Poll and Timeout in OmniRig?"

The values were declared in my post.  Here they are again - poll 250, timeout
1000, Baud 38,400.

I used my station controller to generate a 'scope trigger when TS-590 data was
not refreshed within 500 (later changed to 600 ms).   I now have multiple
'scope captures that show OmniRig polling sometimes has large deviations from
the specified poll interval.  In all these cases my TS-590S responded to every
poll that was issued by OmniRig.

In the most recent event there was a period of 800 ms between routine polling
frames instead of the specified 250 ms period.   This event probably resulted
in WSJT-X ver 2.1.0 loss of rig control but, with no time stamps in OmniRIg
client or in the WSJT-X failure message, that correlation is not certain.  It
would be helpful if detail "Rig went offline"  included a timestamp.

OmniRIg recovers from these excessive poll periods but WSJT-X ver 2.1.0 does
not.  The same configuration of OmniRIg gives no issues with WSJT-X ver 2.0.1.

73,
Andy, k3wyc