Thanks for the assistance. I have a shielded USB cable wrapped in a
toroid connecting the two, and have a powered USB hub to hopefully further
isolate the computer from the radio. This was in response to the rig/pc
connection dropping previously.
I’ll double check the setup and connections.

        ‘73de K1LDOChris Diederich

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 12:01 PM -0500, "Jim Jennings" <w...@comcast.net> wrote:

The symptoms suggest to me RF getting into a USB cable between computer and
the rig’s CI-V USB port.  My cousin had a similar situation with his
FTDX-3000 on 40 and 30M FT8, where the rig would abruptly quit transmitting if
he tried to exceed about 25 watts.  The problem was solved by winding some
of the “spare” length of the computer to CAT USB cable on a ferrite toroid
(FT240-43 used in this case).  He can now increase to full output power of
the rig (100W) without anything “flinching.”  Just a thought.
73,

Jim, W7XZ