Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:04:40 -0700
From: David Gilbert <xda...@cis-broadband.com>
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] FT4 and FT8 Contesting

I agree that much of the problem with NIL's is due to operator error and
confusion, but in my opinion a lot of that can be attributed to the fact
that the contest sponsors have allowed too much crossover between folks
who are actually in the contest and non-contesters who just happened to
be caught up in it.? FT8 and FT4 have a broad appeal and not all
participants have a good feel for contesting, even though they might
have turned in a log.? I would be a ton of money that if everyone who
made a contact in any of the contests mentioned in your link had turned
in a log that the NIL rate would be several percentage points higher.

In my opinion, a lot of the confusion would be avoided if FT8 and FT4
contests stayed away from the general use frequencies.

73,
Dave?? AB7E

[http://psn.sdn.si/ts/TS_Banner_NEO_oktober_2019_250x170.jpg]
<https://neo.io/info?utm_source=mail_podpis&utm_medium=mail_podpis&utm_campaign=mail_podpis>