I did not see Steve's reply before I sent mine. While I disagree with the
conclusion that "Peter’s overview is 100% correct.", I don't think we have to
reach agreement on that point. If you are designing a client/server
application, and want to make a call as if you should implement communication
via TCP or UDP, there are many, many, many reference materials on the subject
that you can refer to and inform yourself with.

The larger point, and I think Steve and I agree on this, is that "both" might
be the best choice here. If UDP is not working for you to register your
information to PSKreporter, switch to TCP.

I also agree with Steve that this reporting mechanism is best handed by a third
party library, and that a native implantation by WSJT-X is probably not the
right way to go.

Thanks. Robert. AD6I.

>>> Thanks

>>> Philip