I posted this in another forum but got no answer, so I thought I'd try here.

This problem is difficult to describe!  From the new WSJT-X 2.2.1 user's manual:

"On a trial basis, and in response to numerous suggestions from around
the world, we have added a second set of suggested dial frequencies
for FT8 on three HF bands and also on 6 meters. The new suggested dial
frequencies are 7.071, 10.133, 14.071, and 50.310 MHz.  These
frequencies will appear in your drop-down band-selector list after you
go to the "Settings | Frequencies" tab, right-click on the frequency
table, and select "Reset".  Alternatively, you can add the new FT8
frequencies manually."

I tried adding the new frequencies both using the menus and then manually.  In both cases the FT8 portion of the drop down band-selector list become somewhat truncated.  The list is still usable so this should be considered a cosmetic problem only.

Note that I'd include a picture of the scrambled menu if I thought the group accepted attachments.  Note also the the FT4 menu is not affected by additions to the FT8 menu.

73, Bill - AA4M