On 12/08/2020 02:01, Stephen VK3SIR wrote:

Folks,

I have provided a way. I have also just added a post in that provides “cut and paste” steps.

Some of your Linux compile steps are incomplete (so refer to mine) … as steps in the OVER ARCHING Install File do not match steps needed in the WSJTX.TAR file.

https://groups.io/g/JTSDK/topic/75311015?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0::recentpostdate/sticky,,,20,2,0,75311015

There are lots of ways, and all are good JYet some of the tarball releases that you provide do not work with EVERY “OOB Experience” – and I personally receive lots of private email requests to improve the install, deploy and “tinker” experience. A number of Amateurs have come to me privately to seek guidance. The link above provides a way that is ensured to work – and cleanly – and is within the framework of what the original poster requested.

This is not a “who can pee up the wall the highest” competition … The post WAS about HOW to make things work from source and in the cleanest way possible.

I also get lots of emails about HOW we play in here and how some people tend to be personally targeted…. And as many know I bite !

Remember what we do and say in here is seen by many; playing personality games diminishes all of us in AR. I am not playing personality games here – I am just helping others. Play “nicely”.

My aim here is guidance and improvement for others. Please note the changes needed bill in the documentation.

73

Steve I

VK3VM / VK3SIR

Steve,

you are providing instructions to build an unreleased version of Hamlib with WSJT-X, that's fine for your own use but please do not tout it as a "better way to build WSJT-X" for casual users. We provide a bundled tarball with both a released version of WSJT-X and an unreleased version of Hamlib that we are prepared to support. The last part is the important part here, until Hamlib is officially released with a reasonably current version we will continue to bundle Hamlib with WSJT-X, it may be broken but that is what we are prepared to support.

I note that, to my knowledge, you have never provided any contribution to the WSJT-X project in the form of a patch or PR, what is your intention here?