Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reminder about the license and I have added the notices to
build V2.10e.
WD is my first open source project, so I welcome all guidance on compliance.

>From the jt9 help menu, it appears that I can use it to expand WD to decode
almost all modes except wspr.  But it appears that on bands where there
might be both wspr and FST4W beacons I will need to process the wav file
twice.   Doing that will surely tax the ARM CPUs in the PIS used at most WD
sites.

73,

Rob

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 1:25 PM Joe Taylor <j...@princeton.edu> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> On 10/7/2020 2:55 PM, Rob Robinett AI6VN wrote:
> > My wsprdaemon service (http://www.wsprdaemon.org) uses the /usr/bin
> > /wsprd program from the WSJT-x Debian package to decode .wav files.
> > However, that wsprd does not recognize the FST4W-120 beacon signals on
> > the 2200M and 630M bands, and we have found no mention of FST4W in the
> > V2.3.0-rc1 source code.
> > How can I decode those signals from the Linux cmd line?
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Rob Robinett
> > AI6VN
> > r...@robinett.us <mailto:r...@robinett.us>
> > mobile: +1 650 218 8896
>
> FST4W and FST4 use the same decoder, and there's plenty of explicit
> mention of both modes in the WSJT-X 2.3.0-rca source code.
>
> Here's an example of a command line that decodes an FST4W -120 .wav file:
>
> $ jt9 --fst4w -p 120 -L 1400 -H 1600 -d 3 000000_0001.wav
> 0001 -32  0.0 1500 `  K1JT FN20 37                  0.005
> <DecodeFinished>   0   1
>
> We have a question for you about wsprdaemon.
>
> In a quick search of http://www.wsprdaemon.org I could find no mention
> of licensing terms for wsprdaemon.  Maybe I overlooked it, somewhere.
>
> To use wsprd, jt9, or any other part of WSJT-X you must license your
> derivative work under the GNU General Public license, GPLv3 or later,
> and you must make the license terms explicit.
>
>         -- 73, Joe, K1JT

Rob Robinett
AI6VN
r...@robinett.us