On 15/03/2021 21:53, Marco Calistri wrote:
Il 15/03/21 18:51, Black Michael ha scritto:
Whenever the GA release comes out you should be able to compile-and-go

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 04:07:37 PM CDT, Marco Calistri <py1...@outlook.com> wrote:

Il 15/03/21 16:45, Black Michael ha scritto:
There is no GA 2.3.1 -- there is 2.4.0rc4 which should be up-to-date.

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 01:01:15 PM CDT, Outlook <py1...@outlook.com> <mailto:py1...@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi Mike,

How are you?

I'm noticing repetitives hamlib updates coming from opensuse RPM repos...

If I'm not wrong, you told me that next WSJT-X GA we could just compile it straightforward avoiding to "GIT cloning" the latest hamlib.

Could you be so kind to confirm this before I will go to download and install the GA 2.3.1?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

PY1ZRJ, Marco

But standing to what Joe has communicated there is a 2.3.1 expected (8 of March was the initial forecast) and I'm not interested to RCs releases, then independently by the version number would like to know if in order to compile the GA x.x.x.x whatsoever, have I to take care of compiling the latest hamlib separately, or can I just compile WSJT-X and be sure that it will work as expected in terms of CAT and PTT I mean.

Thanks and regards,
---
*73 de Marco, PY1ZRJ (former IK5BCU)
*
*
*

pfcbinkicdbaleal.jpeg

Thanks Mike,

And to whom sent me direct message I would like to show that I'm not dreaming regarding 2.3.1 😁

                   Release: WSJT-X 2.3.1
                        Mar 18, 2021
                   ---------------------

WSJT-X 2.3.1  General Availability release  updates the User  Guide to
cover the  new modes FST4 and  FST4W along with sample  .WAV files and
decoding tutorials. This release also  repairs a number of defects and
regressions  discovered  since  the v2.3.0  release,  including  those
below.
---
*73 de Marco, PY1ZRJ (former IK5BCU)*

Hi Marco,

v2.3.1 does indeed exist but has not yet been released, one of the reasons is recent volatility in the Hamlib library. We are using v2.4.0 RC2 and RC3 as release candidates for the changes (including Hamlib) that are in the as yet unreleased v2.3.1.

73
bill