Would someone please point me to an explanation of how the dB report of a
received FT8 signal is derived.  My recollection was that it was independent of
the actual receiver bandwidth but simple experimentation shows that's not true.
 Simply narrowing the receiver bandwidth on a signal of interest results in a
huge increase in the reported signal to noise ratio.  This seems to imply that
the noise being considered is the noise in the actual receiver passband and not
the total noise in a 2.5 kHz bandwidth.

Did I remember the implementation incorrectly or has the implementation been
changed fairly recently?

Thanks and 73,
Andy, k3wyc