Bill,
So I logged onto 20.04 a few moments ago and WSJTx started right up on its own,
without clicking on the icon.

A bit more info on the audio device.  New OS uses 'Audio Volume' when clicking
on the little speaker in the tray.  It indicates which of the audio devices is
default.
It indicates that 'Analog Input PCM2903B' are the default for input and output.
 However, it is 'Line Out' that actually controls the input from the rig to the
program withWSJTx set to default for audio input.

Am trying to find the device that controls output, from pc to rig.  But, when I
try any of them and engage xmit, the receive audio stream is then cutoff and I
have to restart the OSdue to the 'stale lock file' warning in order to restart
WSJT-X.  Seems that no matter how long I wait, the stale lock file warning
remains.  It mentions a need to have unique rig names, soI set the
configuration to OmniVII, but that did not help.

73,Andy, ka2uqw

    On Monday, June 7, 2021, 7:35:49 AM EDT, Bill Somerville
<g4...@classdesign.com> wrote:

 On 07/06/2021 03:39, Andrew Neumeier via wsjt-devel wrote:
> Hello,
> Downloaded this program today into a fresh install of Kubuntu 20.04
> LTS.  Program installed but several problems so far.  It receives
> fine, but attempts to xmit fail, no audio out yet.  Working on that.
> But, when program returns to receive from xmit or TUNE, the waterfall
> stops, and no signals are decoded.  Closing the program and restarting
> it is met with the warning about a 'stale lock file'.  Computer has to
> be restarted to be able to restart WSJTx.  Oddly, WSJTx opens
> immediately when Kubuntu boots, without clicking on the program icon.
>
> I have a dual-boot machine, with the other OS running Kubuntu 18.04,
> and that system is unaffected and am using that system for the
> moment.  WSJT-x 2.4 runs fine there.
>
> Just letting you know.
>
> 73,
> Andy, ka2uqw

Hi Andy,

if closing and restarting WSJT-X gives a stale lock file error then the
main wsjtx process is not shutting down cleanly, that is probably
related to the difficulty it is having attaching to an audio output
device. What device are you choosing for the output device on the
"Settings->Audio panel, and what is your rig and how is it connected to
your PC for audio?