On 16/07/2021 20:10, Tom via wsjt-devel wrote:
I am the author of Win4IcomSuite and have started getting reports of WSJT
failing to start the Omni-rig COM server.  This does not happen on all
computers. In addition, it starts happening when no changes have been made
to Omni-rig and WSJT.  Installing the latest versions does not correct the
issue.
To reproduce:
Reboot your computer and make sure there are no other applications using
omni-rig.
Use Omni-rig definition for your Icom radio;. Start WSJT.  You receive the
above error.
Run WSJT as Administrator and it works.

All other applications using Omni-rig work without putting them in
administrator mode.  No other related software is running.  This is with a
direct connection to the radio.

Details, version 2.4.0 (happens on previous version as well).
Windows 10, version 19041.1083
73 Tom va2fsq

Tom,

I am looking into this issue, you don't need to keep repeating your query.

So far I see one problem with startup when there is a fault condition like the rig not being accessible, or if WSJT-X is closed down before it has completed all the retries it attempts before reporting an error (that takes up to 10 seconds). Is that consistent with what you are reporting? If so, then if WSJT-X is left for 20 seconds or so to do its own thing does an error get reported?