Hi Tom,

that's not how Omni-Rig behaves for me, if I start it manually the setup dialog stays open until it is cancelled or closed with the OK button. Starting WSJT-X to communicate with it doesn't change that. What version of Omni-Rig are you using?

On 16/07/2021 22:49, Tom via wsjt-devel wrote:

Hi

Omni-rig connects just fine to the radio.  When you open it there is some initial comport activity then it closes.  All this is normal.

It is completely reproducible on my system.  There is no issue with any other application that uses Omni-rig.

On the groups.io list, there are people that have reported this in the past.

73 Tom

*From:*Bill Somerville via wsjt-devel <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
*Sent:* Friday, July 16, 2021 4:03 PM
*To:* wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
*Cc:* Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
*Subject:* Re: [wsjt-devel] WSJT-X and Omni-Rig: Failed to start Omni Rig COM server

Hi Tom,

OK, I've not see that behaviour. Are you able to reproduce it? If yes, then does starting Omni-Rig manually before starting WSJT-X work correctly?

On 16/07/2021 20:59, tom via wsjt-devel wrote:

    Hi

    Actually no. When you start wsjt it immediately gives an error
    saying failed to start omnirig com server. If you monitor the
    serial port traffic, nothing happens at all. No serial
    communications at all.

    If you start wsjt as administrator it works without an issue. This
    doesn't happen with any other software that uses omnirig. It's
    strange because this always worked in the past.

    73 Tom va2fsq

    Sent from my Galaxy