On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 2:51 AM Bill Somerville via wsjt-devel <
wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 26/08/2021 17:49, Bill Somerville via wsjt-devel wrote:
>
> On 25/08/2021 02:32, Peter Sumner via wsjt-devel wrote:
>
> Hello,
>   was curious if anyone has a way to use the IQ data available over USB-3
> from the rear of an IC-7610 to feed into MAP65?
> I have the HDSDR software working with the ICOM supplied driver but as yet
> have not managed to get MAP65 to work with this source.
> With the new Q65 mode being spread across many regional frequencies on 50
> MHz, it is getting harder to keep an eye on each of the frequencies but
> with the Q65 mode in MAP65 it might help me and others with this, plus be
> handy for 50 MHz EME when the moon has multiple Q65 QSO's in progress.
>
> regards,
> Peter Sumner, vk5pj
>

> Hi Peter,
>
> MAP65 requires either a single or dual I/Q feed via an audio device at
> 96,000 frames per second, or a Linrad compatible UDP feed of one or two I/Q
> data channels, also at 96,000 frames per second.
>
> Icom provide some tools that can consume the IC-7610 single channel
> wide-band I/Q feed on the [USB 2] connector as an ExtIO library (MS Windows
> only) that can feed various SDR console applications. If one of those SDR
> console applications can decimate and output that at 96,000 frames per
> second to an audio device, then that would be compatible MAP65 in single
> polarization mode.
>
> 73
> Bill
> G4WJS.
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> note also that MAP65 only supports the 60 second T/R period variants of
> Q65 and that is unlikely to change, most terrestrial Q65 operation uses 30
> second periods.
>
> 73
> Bill
> G4WJS.

Thanks Bill,
I had forgotten about the limit on time sequences in MAP65 : -) looks like
I am back to using the SDR with multiple slices for terrestrial but will
explore the MAP65 option for EME in the coming weeks.

Regards,
Peter, vk5pj